September 3, 2014
Thank you for your very enthusiastic participation in this fun summer event. It has kept our wonderful Trinity community connected over the summer and helped generate great PR and brand awareness for Trinity Academy.
Our most popular Facebook post, the Bernie Ice Bucket Challenge to The Big East Mascots, reached 2,984 people and generated 64 likes. (But don't worry - we won't give the award to our own mascot.) Just last week our Bernie campaign was written about in both the Caldwell Patch and the Caldwell Progress. And in August our own Archdiocese of Newark commented on our great campaign via their Facebook page!
To thank everyone for participating we will have a Free Bernie Tag day - date to be announced.
And now we would like to announce our contest winners. Each family will be receiving a Bernie Summer 2014 T-shirt (show sample shirt) a certificate (show sample) and a coupon for one free hour of jumping at the new Sky Zone in Fairfield!
- First - we would like to award the "Biggest School Spirit" award for the most posts by a single family - with 48 posts (and counting) -The Bajkowski Family.
- Next - for the "Farthest Distance" award - for taking Bernie 8,048 miles to Hong Kong - The Mastrangelo Family. (Honorable mention to the Bajkowski family for also getting Bernie to Hong Kong).
- Thirdly, we would like to award an "Epic Odyssey" award for taking Bernie through more than seven cities and three countries, visiting windmills, the Mona Lisa, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triumph, Notre Dame, Normandy Beach, Ann Frank's House and more along the way. Plus New Mexico to boot. For taking us with you on your Epic Journey we'd like to acknowledge the Haughton Family.
- Next - "Most Creative Post" - this was a difficult one as there were so many. But in the end, we had to award the Most Creative to the family who managed to post a video of Bernie surfing the ocean waves through the magic of photo shop. The DiGiovanni Family.
- And finally, the "Most Liked and Shared Post" - hands down, has to go to the family who reached across the ocean to share their support and our school pride with Colonel Fallin, Commander, Special Mission Wing (SOAG) at Special Operations Joint Task Force. Al wrote the Colonel in Afghanistan to ask him about military life and to thank him for his service. In return the Pacicco Family got received once-in-a-lifetime photo of our troops in Afghanistan with our school Mascot. This picture was shared not only through Facebook but through the Patch and Progress as well. Special thanks to The Pacicco Family.
Actually, we have one last award to give. We will provide a certificate to the "Best Written Summer Journal" with Bernie pictures in it. We will allow the teachers to nominate one journal from each class and the final winner will be selected by the office.
Thanks again for playing. We will do this again another time. Don't forget to check out the winning photos and all the Bernie shots in the Bernie Summer 2014 page of our new website.